This baked salmon mildly spiced with ground black pepper and cayenne and tangy from the lemon juice makes an absolutely delectable lunch or dinner. It can be served with grilled/steamed vegetables or couscous for a hearty and healthy meal.
This recipe is our favorite and quick way to prepare salmon at home. It hardly needs work other than preparing the marinade and popping it in the oven and is a healthy method to cook this highly nutritious fish. I was never a fan of salmon since it smelled fishy (I know!!! hehe) the few times I ate it. Plus we never had salmon at home in India where i spent most of my life.
But considering the immense health benefits of eating salmon, I recommend everyone eats it as often as they can afford (Its an expensive fish). We try to buy wild-caught or sustainably-farmed salmon and I find it works best with milder marinades than the usual hot and spicy ones I use at home for other fish. The flavor of the salmon really shines through with this ground black pepper and lemon marinade and yields tender and juicy fish which will become your favorite.
Baked salmonPrint This
- Salmon fillets - 1/2 pound
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Ground black pepper - 1 tsp or more to taste
- Cayenne pepper powder / Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp or more to taste
- Butter/ Oil - 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Mix the lemon juice, black pepper powder, cayenne powder, salt and butter to form a marinade.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels and rub the marinade on them evenly and let marinate for 15 mins.
- Place the fillets on grilling pan/ foil lined baking sheet and place inside the oven.
- Cook for 8 minutes, turn over the fillets and cook for 7-8 minutes.
I like to turn over the fillets to get both sides browned, you can skip that and cook for 15 minutes straight if you wish to.